Mindful Yoga Breaks: Yoga & Mindfulness Virtual Workshop
August 26 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm$85
This virtual 4-hr Mindful Yoga Breaks® workshop will help teachers, librarians, social workers, therapists, parents, and anyone working with children to bring focus, self-regulation, and fun to the classroom, home, or office while fostering social-emotional learning. Explore the many benefits of yoga and mindfulness techniques, and how to utilize these techniques for interventions with children both virtually and in person. In this online workshop, we will unpack the Social Emotional Learning toolbox and discuss the development of coping skills. You’ll leave with a deeper understanding of the physiological ways that the brain and body interact. Participants will leave with dozens of ideas to add to the teaching toolbox that can be used in little breaks (one, five, 10, or 15 minutes) throughout the day. A comprehensive manual is provided with descriptions of everything you learn as well as sample lesson plans.
*This workshop will also teach you tools to bring to your students online.
Mindful Yoga Breaks® Tools:
- Breathing Exercises: These help students to self-regulate when they are feeling their big emotions (anger, stress, fear, anxiety, etc.). They also increase focus and send a signal to the Bulldog Brain to calm down.
- Mindfulness: This is the practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgment.
- Poses: Build strength and flexibility as well as help to reduce stress, increase compassion, and enhance learning.
- Games: Noncompetitive fun ways to encourage creative thinking, teamwork, and focus while building community and safety.
- Relaxation: Helps to decrease stress and anxiety, improves emotional stability, and increases the functioning of your brain.
- Props: These are used as an addition to the tools above. Some examples include a breathing ball, a chime, books, a mindful glitter bottle, and a bubble timer.
Where: From Your Own Home! (zoom link shared once you register)
When: Aug 26, 2020
Time: 10:00am – 2:15pm ET (break from 12-12:15)
Who: Teachers, Parents, OT/PT, Therapists, Social Workers, Professionals who work with kids
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List practical, concrete tools in the Social Emotional Learning toolbox that develop emotional literacy and increase capacity for self-regulation.
- Identify child-friendly terms and phrases to explain the brain’s physiology as it relates to managing emotion.
- Describe in child-friendly terms the relationship between mind and body, self-regulation, impulse control, and positive social skills.
- Demonstrate games and yoga poses that increase capacity for executive functioning.