The month of February is always a great time to teach a little LOVE Yoga. We celebrate what we love about ourselves as well as think about those in our life who give us so much. It’s a great time for the pause to stop and think about what makes us happy. Also allows us to show our body some gratitude for what it does for us each and every day.
Love, Love, Love (Pre-k – K)
- Heart Mudra – Bring your fingers together to make a heart mudra. Look through your heart at all your friends. See each one, and send them love. Then place your heart on your own heart and inhale and send love to yourself, exhale love out to someone you love.
- Roly Poly Pop! – Before you roll to your feet, ask the kids about their feet and what they do for them. Does everyone have the use of their feet? Give your feet a rub and say “I love my feet!” and then roly poly up to your feet and pop up high with a jump.
- Mountain Pose – Keep feeling those feet into the ground. Wiggle your toes. Move forward and back. Ask the students “What else can we do with our feet?” Run, jump, hop, etc. “Let’s stretch and feel those feet on the ground.”
- Chair Pose – ask “what body parts allow us to sit in our chairs?” our knees, legs, etc. Rub those body parts as you say “I love my knees, I love my legs.” Shake your hips side to side in chair pose and say “I love my hips!”
- Warrior Poses – Lift arms up with 1 foot back for Warrior 1. Open arms out to warrior 2. Bring front arm to your heart, give it a little rub and take a teeny tiny piece of love that you have to share and we are going to throw it out to the world on the count of 3. Switch side with a little hop switch of the feet. Same thing on the other side. Check out this video of some of my little yogis sharing love with the world.
- Standing Forward Bend to Plank – Bring hands to the ground and step back to plank. What body parts are we using now? Hands, arms, core. Say “I love my hands, I love my STRONG arms, I love my STRONG core.”
- Cat and Cow – Let’s stretch our spines – ask “what do our spines do for us? They hold us up! Inhale and arch up to cat, exhale and drop belly down to cow.
- Cobra Snake – Heart opening! Let’s open our hearts in our snake pose, allow more love to sneak out into the world as we shine our hearts open.
- Basket Pose – Another heart opening pose. Let’s fill our baskets with everything we love.
- Downward Dog – Ask “does anyone have pets? or animals they love in their life?” Let’s wag our doggie tails in honor of all the pets we LOVE who give us LOVE right back. Hop your feet to your hands and sit on your bottom.
- Roly Poly – Let’s roll out those spines again, showing our bodies how much we love them. Giving your knees a hug, roll side to side.
- Birthday Candle – Lift legs to the sky as your shine your bright light and love glowing out into the world.
- Relaxation – Read the Loving Kindness relaxation from Imaginations by Carolyn Clarke
You can download and purchase my LOVE & Heart Kids Yoga lesson plan here!
This yoga class was inspired by Bambino Yoga’s Love Lesson as well as Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan All We Need Is Love
Leave a Reply