Mindful Yoga Breaks® workshops help teachers, librarians, social workers, therapists, parents, and anyone working with children to bring focus, self-regulation, and fun to the classroom, home, or office while fostering social-emotional learning. You will learn “lifesaver tools” such as breathing exercises, mindfulness activities, yoga poses, yoga & mindfulness games, and relaxation techniques. Participants will leave with dozens of ideas to add to the teaching toolbox that can be used in little breaks (one, five, 10, or 15 minutes) throughout the day. Parents will learn strategies for transitions, calming the escalation of tantrums and letting kids find what works for them to self-regulate. A manual is provided with descriptions of everything you learn as well as sample lesson plans.
Mindful Yoga Breaks® Tools to Calm Students
- Breathing Exercises – These help students to self-regulate when they are feeling their big emotions (anger, stress, fear, anxiety, etc.). They also increase focus and send a signal to the Bulldog Brain to calm down.
- Mindfulness – This is the practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgement.
- Poses – Build strength and flexibility as well as help to reduce stress, increase compassion, and enhance learning.
- Games – Non-competitive fun ways to encourage creative thinking, teamwork and focus while building community and safety.
- Relaxation – Helps to decrease stress and anxiety, improves emotional stability, and increases the functioning of the brain.
- Props – These are used in addition to the tools above. Some examples include a breathing ball, a chime, books, a mindful glitter bottle and a bubble timer.
Professional Development Workshops for Teachers, Librarians, Social Workers & Therapists
The 2.5 hour workshop at your school, office or library includes the following:
- A practical and interactive workshop
- Comprehensive teacher manual
- Certificate for two and a half hours of CEUs for each participant
- A bonus one-hour workshop for parents (for schools)
Requirements for the workshop
Optional Tools for purchase at the Workshop:
- Mini breathing ball | $15
- Chime | $15
- Superhero Card Deck & Dice Game | $12.95
- Superhero Focus Tools (Bubble Timer & 5 multi-color tea lights) |$12