This month my theme is Rainbow yoga. I love when I start a themed class at the beginning of a month and see how it evolves with all my classes. This sequence works great for a 20 or 30 min preschool class.
1) Breathing ball! I always love to start with the breathing ball– especially because it’s rainbow colored.
2) Paint a rainbow – Glue your bottom to the mat. Raise one arm out to the side and reach it up over your head to paint a color of the rainbow over your head. Go back and forth from side to side. Let the kids call out the colors of course!
Bringing arms behind you, hands on the floor, opening your heart, look up at your beautiful rainbow!
3) Roly poly to your feet. What do we need in the sky to happen to make a rainbow? the sun and the rain of course!
4) Sun warm up. We touch all our body parts to warm them up. We do our powerful sun breath bringing our sun to our belly with a big sound of “HOT!”
5) Bringing arms up and over our heads, we make a big rain cloud and sway side to side. Reach fingers up and bring down to the floor with the sound of rain – shhhhhh shhhhhh shhhhhh. We do this 3x.